The mission of WiR is to raise the profile of women in our sport and to provide a support and development network for those who enjoy and work in racing. Part of this is to support promotion at board level, and workplace culture from grassroots and beyond. Here you can read about progress and challenges in racing, wider sport and business through academic papers and impact reports from key organisations.
We hope you find the reports and information available here of interest. Women in Racing is important in supporting positive change. Let us know if you would like to see other reports and resources displayed here.
WiR ResourcesSee More
“RACING HOME” – a report highlighting the challenges faced by working mothers in the horseracing industry
September 11, 2023 | WiR Resources | 4.09 MBDownload
Education ResourcesSee More
2020-2022 Impact Report – Women in Sport
September 11, 2023 | Education Resources |
Women in Sport’s vision is that no one is excluded from the joy, fulfilment and lifelong benefits of sport. Yet all too often, women and girls are still missing out.
“Throughout the last two extraordinary years, Women in Sport has been a voice for girls and women who deserve to experience the joy and fulfilment of sport and yet all too often miss out.”
Stephanie Hilborne OBE, CEO
Women in Sport Report – Beyond 30%
September 11, 2017 | Education Resources | 4.75 MB
This is Women in Sport’s seventh annual audit of the numbers and experiences of women on the board and in senior leadership roles within the National Governing Bodies (NGBs) of Sport in England and Wales, plus those NGBs which are UK wide and funded by UK Sport only.Download
Industry Appointments & VacanciesSee More
International Partnerships Executive – Tote Group
November 15, 2023 | Industry Appointments & Vacancies |
Are you an avid racing enthusiast looking to pursue a career in the industry, we have an exciting opportunity to join our commercial team as International Partnerships Executive where you will play a key role in the delivery of the international business strategy alongside the Head of International Partnerships.
Who we are:
We are proud stewards of the Tote, Great Britain’s pool betting operator since 1928. Backed by people from across British horse racing, UK Tote Group is led by a dedicated group of racehorse owners and breeders and racing fans who are passionate about revitalising the Tote.
Using best-in-class technology, digital innovation and customer engagement, we are developing the UK Tote into a modern British success story: a world-leading pools platform, reaching new audiences with innovative products. Looking after customers and supporting the sport will always be our number one priority.
We are a team of over 200 people with our HQ based in Wigan, Greater Manchester and a small office in central London (Kean Street, WC2B 4AS) where this role will be based. The role will be working any 5 from 7 and regular presence will be required in the London Office however we do offer flexible working and a full induction and training plan will be provided to anyone who joins the team.
What you’ll be doing:
- Delivering of a broad and deep network of direct commingling relationships across the world which enables a market leading relationship between UK Tote and all leading Pari-Mutuel operators
- Playing a key part of the management and growth of World Pool events, with a responsibility for ensuring the internal operations leading up to all events are in place
- Ensuring successful delivery and forward growth of World Pool and other multi-jurisdiction commingling events such as the Cheltenham Festival
- Proactively support key relationships with leading global Pari-Mutuel operators and international ADW partners
- Working with the Head of International Partnerships to manage relationships with racing media rights companies (RMG and ATR)
What you’ll need:
- Ability to demonstrate excellent project management skills
- Ability to demonstrate strong analytical skills
- A good understanding of the UK and International horseracing industry
- Previous experience developing and growing relationships using a hands-on approach
- A passionate approach to developing an outstanding business
- An understanding of the Tote products and services and the markets in which they are being offered is advantageous but not essential
Join the Team at British Dressage
February 8, 2022 | Industry Appointments & Vacancies | 58.5 KB
British Dressage is the National Governing Body for the Olympic and Paralympic sport of dressage in the UK. Following the success of Tokyo 2020, the sport is enjoying a public profile like never before, and British Dressage are looking for new recruits to join the team in Meriden, West Midlands, across a range of roles in sport operations, training and education, membership, marketing and communications.Download